The Robin Centre
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
The Robin Centre is, for the purposes of the GDPR, the data controller in respect of all data it holds about you. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
The Robin Centre complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To operate The Robin Centre web site and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
- To administer accounts and records of our services and members.
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services running at The Robin Centre.
- To fundraise and promote interests of the charity.
- If your service is funded by Birmingham City Council (the Council), to share your data with the Council so they are informed of the days you attend.
- If your service is funded by the Council, to share with the Council your data concerning any disabilities and/or diagnosed conditions to help the Council and us to consider your needs of care whilst attending The Robin Centre.
- To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- To share your data with health service professionals who may be called upon to give you care whilst you are at the Robin Centre.
- To provide limited information to our transport providers for health and safety purposes.
- To meet any of the requirements in respect of health and social care which the Robin Centre are statutorily or contractually obliged to meet.
Treatment of your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with The Robin Centre and recipients as named above. The consequences of not sharing your personal data would mean The Robin Centre would not be able to offer our services to you.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than six years from the date your membership ceases, for the purposes of any legal claims/complaints and for safeguarding.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Robin Centre holds about you.
- The right to request that the Robin Centre corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Robin Centre to retain such data.
- The right to request that the data controller provide you with your personal data and, where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, for direct marketing and for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Manager at The Robin Centre on 0121 483 4400
By signing this form, you are confirming that you have read this Data Protection Notice and that you are consenting to The Robin Centre holding and processing your personal data for all the purposes listed in the section above headed “We use your data for the following purposes.” Please note that without this consent we will be unable to continue to provide a service to you.
If you do grant consent, please note you can withdraw your consent to all or any one of the above purposes at any time by using the contact details above, bearing in mind that withdrawal of consent to any of the purposes listed in the section “We use your data for the following purposes” would mean that we could no longer provide our service to you. Please note that all processing of your personal data will cease once you have withdrawn consent, but this will not affect any personal data that has already been processed prior to this point.
To download and sign a copy of the form, please click here.